Sunday, October 17, 2010

Art in the Garden

There is a new piece of art that has been added to the Rodriguez garden that might have others cringe or find kind of odd. Unlike the other statues in our garden that are of the classical Italian decor, this particular piece of art has a special purpose for its significance to our backyard. You see this piece of art has a couple of jobs to attend to while standing at his post. Besides his usual duties of scaring off any evil and harmful spirits that may enter our domain, he is also the gatekeeper to our hundreds of bats that come out to play at night from our nearby bat houses. I know, I know that cringe thing again. My wife and I enjoy our new addition and we love sharing him with our friends and family. There is a side of me that embraces the gothic world and I enjoy painting it from time to time. I'm just glad that my wife Terry can see the good in it also. Now Let's Paint!


No comments: